Some of my favorite authors:
- The home page for usf.misc, one of the few newsgroups I ever bothered to post to on a somewhat regular basis. This is more of a nostalgia thing, as I no longer have access to USF newsgroups, and it had been dormant for quite a while before that because everyone else graduated and no longer had access.
- This is True -- the mailing list with the most unbelievable REAL events you've ever heard about.
- Everything 2 -- it's like writing your own encyclopedia (with other people contributing the bits you don't know about)
- Sluggy Freelance -- the first online comic in my daily read. Probably a bit confusing to come in midway.
- Kevin and Kell -- the next online comic for my daily read. Humanlike animals, primarily the family of Kevin the rabbit and his wife Kel the wolf.
- Unshelved -- another online comic, you get the picture. This one's about a public library.
- Two Lumps -- online comic about the Odd Couple in feline form.
- Sinfest -- online comic featuring humans, angels, dogs, cats, Satan, and God (who likes to use hand puppets)
- My Friends page at LiveJournal -- other people's lives that I want to keep up with.
- Sporcle -- new quizzes every day, so you can see how many Shakespeare plays you can name, or flags of the world you can identify, or that kind of thing.
- LibraryThing -- All the books I own, my own little library catalog (and those of many other people).
- Good Reads -- This one is where I keep ratings of books I don't own but read from the library, a friend, or in the bookstore.
- Diane Duane -- Writing about wizard kids way longer than J.K. Rowling, but also a lot of other great science fiction/fantasy.
- Susie Bright -- One of the most informative and interesting writers on sexual matters I've ever read.
- Cecil Adams, of The Straight Dope, source of information on all things:
- I Can Has Cheezburger?: Amusingly captioned pictures of animals (and spreading out into many other blogs of amusing things).
- The Cycles Page: Keep track of your menstrual cycle online! (I do.)
- TV Tropes: Not just about TV but all kinds of media, this is the kind of place you can spend hours reading about whatever.
- Rocklopedia Fakebandica -- This is so much fun; it lists all the fake bands that have been in movies, TV shows, etc.
- The Covers Project -- Who covered that song? Who originally did it? A massively informational site, growing all the time.
- Ribbon-O-Matic -- Make your own ribbons for real or imagined campaigns.
- "Jabberwocky" references -- one of my favorite poems. Links to nearly everything named after anything in the poem, plus where to find translations into other languages.
- Etiquette Hell -- stories of the depths of rudeness people can sink to.
- Baby's Named A Bad, Bad Thing -- even more astounding things to name some poor kid.
- Cheerwine --A cool soft drink from the Carolinas, only recently available where I live in Florida so I can have it when I'm not traveling.
- The Blowfish Home Page: This used to be a big catalog of sex toys, porn, etc. with really fun blurbs. Now it's a one-special-item-for-sale-each-day deal, but the blurbs are still wonderfully detailed.
Last updated 10 January 2015. Mail me if any of these links don't work. Or go back to:
Home | Writing | Bio | Resource & Bibliographies | Links